Thursday, January 26, 2012

Being thankful


Am I thankful?
I mean am I really thankful for all God's doing for and in my life?

I am not so sure...
I think I am (sometimes...) even  ungrateful...

Yes I praise him for the big miracles but often the little ones go unseen. I have an habit of telling him that I must be his most ungrateful daughter ...Lol.. Always late to say thanks, but on time to ask and ask and ask again and enjoy!

I know that his does not really need my thanks. He will not change towards me whether I say thank or not.
But I need to praise him. It keeps my eyes on the giver of the blessings and to the blessings, it keeps me  focus on his kindness towards me. It keeps me in constant relation with him, it keeps me away of his world.

Because there is always a little something to be grateful about! Even when I refuse to see or admit it!
His love is gentle, what's saying thanks if it brings a smile on my heavenly father's face every second of each day?

That's what I am living for!

Thank you Jesus for this beautiful morning.
Thank you for this beautiful song , when I open my eyes today.
Thank you that I got my bus and train in time.
Thank you that I did not get a sit on the sub even thought I'd pray for it.
Thank you for the people I prayed for that will never know it.
Thank you for you joy.
Thank you for being God in my life.
Thank you...

What can you thanks God for right now, at this moment?

Anything, every thing HE is worthy of our praise.


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5 :18


Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment