Friday, January 27, 2012

SHOCKED


People keep shockingly shocked me. Always, every time,  anyway and not always in a good way!

I can overhear a conversation and be shocked by the words use. Someone could be talking to their self and I can be horrify by their words. I can watch an advertisment and by shock by what they are promoting or the way the do it.

Sometimes I ask myself, am I to sensitive? Am I over reacting? Those words are used every day! They are common now!?
But I can let someone insult me will talking to me!? I can't just  say amen to everything!?

I realize that keeping being shock make my accountable to God. Why should I use a language that he would not have used! Why should I say degrading words like's normal? Just because it's fashion, just because every body 's using them!?
No. I live by higher standards. No need to do like the world. And definitely I won't do what HE would no have done!

To talk nicely and having good manners is not fashionable, it's not worldlike, BUT it's definitely CHRIST-LIKE!
I want to live like Christ, I want to honour him in plain sight and when I am unseen. I want my words to always glorify him, and lift up others. I want to talk how he would have, act like he would have act and live a life that honour him in every thing and every way.

" Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the father." Colossians 3: 17


How do you react to the bad words people use in conversation around or with you?

Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment